Resource Centre / Computer Lab
Clifton State School has a state of the art resource centre packed full of up to date books and all the latest in technology available to all school community members - students, staff and parents. We are serious in our intention to provide our students and staff with an information rich environment, where our students are encouraged to become discerning users of information.
Clifton State School is equipped with the latest technology for our students and community members to experience. The air-conditioned lab consists of 24 computers, Interactive Whiteboard and a large teaching space.
- Prep children may borrow one book for two weeks.
- Year 1-6 children may borrow two books.
- All students are encouraged to return books as soon as they have finished using them.
- Overdue lists are given to teachers regularly. These are meant to remind students to return or renew books. We encourage borrowing on holiday breaks, except Christmas. All loans can be renewed.
- Students in Prep to Year 2 must have a library bag to borrow.
- Middle and Senior classes are encouraged to use a library bag.
What can I do in the Library?
- We have lots of books in the Library and most of them can be borrowed. We have a large collection of picture books and novels, chosen to meet the reading needs and interest of all our students. We have an extensive non-fiction collection and a reference section, that students can use.
- New books are constantly being added to the collections.
- Students can also read magazines, write, draw, do jigsaws, play games, listen to stories or use the computers. There are quiet areas where students can come in and study or finish homework, or just curl up and read.
- Mrs Burton also runs a program every first break with fun activites for students to enjoy.